Fishing the Flats
RAFC provides the opportunity for matching members without boats to captains willing to invite members. Its been a great way to go out with a comrade for some inshore fishing. Every attempt is made to match those who are new to Southwest Florida fishing with members familiar and skilled in local waters.
Now, Captains have the benefit of having experienced crews, while anglers benefit from captains' familiarity with our waters.
Crews contribute to fuel costs and assist with cleanup of the vessel and equipment at the end of the trip. When contacting an anglers for the first time, Captains will inform crew members of the estimated cost for fuel and baits.
To participate in each month's Inshore Outing, as Captain or Crew, go to the Activities Sign-Up page (in "Members only" section) and post your registration request.
Quite often, our offshore Captains will invite others to join in an offshore experience. When contacting a mate, Captains will inform mates of estimated fuel cost and or bait costs. Crews contribute to fuel costs and assist with cleanup of the vessel and equipment at the end of the trip.
To participate in each month's Offshore Outing as Captain or Crew, please go to the Activities Sign-Up page (in "Members only" section) and post your registration request.
SHORELINE & PIER
Each month, members are encouraged to interact with one another in enjoying fishing in Southwest Florida. Just about every weekday morning a group of club members gather at the Matlacha Bridge or Park for a few hours of fishing comradery. Organized trips to a local pier or beach are announced at the monthly business meetings.
- THE PIER - CAPE CORAL YACHT CLUB - 5819 Driftwood Pkwy, Cape Coral - Ample free parking - No Bait - Walk from parking.
- CAPE CORAL ECO PRESERVE - 2500 SE 24th St, Cape Coral
- MIDPOINT BRIDGE (Under) - Ample free parking - No bait - Short walk from parking
- MATLACHA PASS BRIDGE - Pine Island Rd, Matlacha - Limited free parking - Bait stores nearby
- MATLACHA PUBLIC PARK FISHING PIER - 4577 Pine Island Rd - Ample free parking - Bait stores nearby. Free boat & kayak launch
- BUNCHE BEACH - 18201 John Morris Rd Fort Myers Wade & Shore Fishing - Parking $1hr - No bait
- SANIBEL CAUSEWAY - 2 SPOIL ISLANDS - $6 Toll - Ample free parking - No Bait - Public Restrooms on 2nd island
- SANIBEL LIGHTHOUSE PIER - 112 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel - $6 Toll - Ample paid parking at $2 hr. - No Bait - Short walk parking to pier. Pier is a "T" configuration, Public rest rooms are a short walk - Generally crowded
- SANIBEL BOWMAN'S BEACH - 1700 Bowmans Beach Rd, Sanibel - $6 Toll - Surf fishing - No Bait - Parking $2 hr - Long walk to beach from parking
- CAPTIVA ISLAND BLIND PASS - 6491 Sanibel Captiva Rd, Sanibel - $6 Toll - Surf fishing or Bridge - No Bait - Limited Parking $2 hr at both ends of the bridge connecting Sanibel and Captiva
- BOOKEELIA FISHING PIER - Pine Island 8421 Main St, Bokeelia, FL - $10 Pier Fee - Free Parking - Bait on pier - No hand rails.
- TROPICAL PARK - Pine Island 3401 Tropical Point Dr, St James City - On the left (back bay) off Stringfellow Drive going south toward St. James City. Free Limited Parking - No Bait at the park - Shore, Wade, and Kayak Fishing.
- FT MYERS BEACH PIER - 10 Old San Carlos Blvd, Fort Myers Beach - Crowded tourist area. Very Limited Parking $1hr - Bait available at the pier.
- LOVERS KEY - BLACK ISLAND BEACH & SAN CARLOS PASS BRIDGE - near 8700 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach - Surf fishing or fish from bridge - No Bait - Free Parking at south end of bridge
- LOVERS KEY - JOHNSON PARK - $4 to $8 Parking - Long walk or free tram - No Bait - Public restrooms available at beach & parking areas - Concession stand near parking area.